Random Forks

Philadelphia area food. Yum.

March 11, 2007

Famous Dave's Barbecue, Springfield, PA

Went there on the recommendation of friends. Lots and lots of food. I tried the appetizer sampler, and the rest of our group concentrated on ribs, ribs and cod, and riblets.

As for my sampler:
Ribs: OK. Lots of fat.
Chicken Wings: Excellent, on the small side.
Chicken Tenders: Very good.
Catfish Fingers: Awesome. I'd go back just for those.
Onion Strings: Eh. Lightly breaded and lightly tasty. Not much "there" there.
3 sauces: I coudn't tell you what they were, but they were good.

On the side: each table had ketchup plus 5 sauces: Georgia Mustard, Devil's Spit, Rich & Sassy (their award-winner), Sweet & Zesty and Texas Pit (I think). I tried Georgia Mustard and Rich & Sassy- both were excellent.

- X

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home